Want to enjoy transportation and lodging at the same time? A motorhome is a perfect investment to help you get the best of these worlds. While a motorhome presents an unmatchable experience, owners shouldn’t forget one crucial thing: motorhome insurance, which you can purchase from Kingdom Tree Insurance Group, serving Tallahassee, FL and the nearby areas.
Motorhome insurance in Florida
Just like auto insurance, motorhome insurance is mandatory in Florida, and the state requires motorhome owners to carry insurance with the below minimum coverage:
- Bodily injury liability: Covers medical expenses for an injury caused to another driver or pedestrians. Florida requires you to have a minimum bodily injury liability with a limit of $10,000 per person and $20,000 per accident for multiple persons.
- Property damage liability: Provides coverage when you cause third-party damage, and you are at fault. The minimum coverage limit is $10,000 per accident.
While the above coverages make sure you comply with the law, they don’t protect your motorhome from damage. That said, you should look out for the below additional coverages to provide your motorhome with optimal coverage.
- Comprehensive and collision coverages: Collision coverage covers damages to your vehicle in case of an accident, while comprehensive insurance protects against theft and damage from fire, animals, vandalism, weather, and falling objects.
- Campsite and vacation coverage: Covers for injuries or damage caused to other people while on your leisure travel.
- Full-time coverage: Apt for persons who reside in their RVs year-round. It operates more like homeowners insurance rather than auto insurance.
- Roadside assistance: Covers services like gas delivery, battery jump-starting, puncture repair, and other roadside repairs.
Getting motorhome insurance is the difference between you postponing a family retreat and recovering from an accident. That said, it’s critical you partner with knowledgeable and dependable agents like Kingdom Tree Insurance Group, located in Tallahassee, FL, to assist you in getting the right RV insurance policy and even helping you process a claim.